Political Campaign SMS Marketing: As the world becomes more digital, so does everything else. Political campaigns are no exception to this trend, as they have used social media and other digital platforms to reach out to their supporters and voters for years.
With that being said, it’s not surprising that campaign managers are trying new methods of communication with potential voters, including text messaging. This way had mainly gone unused from 1992 until recently, when it became a popular medium thanks to smartphones’ rise.
According to Pew Research Center, this article will explore how political candidates can best use SMS marketing to reach their target market – millennials, who comprise approximately 50% of eligible voters.
What is Political Campaign SMS Marketing?
The definition of political campaign SMS marketing is direct marketing that uses a short message service to deliver information about a political candidate and related issues.
Political Campaign SMS Marketing sends text messages to your contacts asking them to vote for a candidate.
Political Campaign SMS Marketing is a way of using text messaging to rally voters.
Political Campaign SMS Marketing is an effective way to get your message out.
How SMS Messaging Can Accelerate Your Political Campaigns
Pew Research Center study found that almost two-thirds of Americans have received a text from a campaign, candidate, or political party.
Did you know your campaign can reach thousands of supporters within hours by signing up for a company’s SMS messaging service?
With the invention of mobile phones, SMS messaging has become prevalent means to send information. Because many people are constantly on their cell phones, texting is easy and convenient.
How Can You Fundraise Through Text Messaging?
Many organizations are now reaching out to their members using text messaging. This is an easy way for them to communicate with their members and build a relationship that will benefit both parties.
It’s easy. You can do it through word of mouth, social media, and email marketing. We’ve even got a handy infographic that shows you the different ways to raise money with text messaging!
One of the most effective methods to fundraise is through Text-to-Give. It’s simple and effective, and your supporters will love it.
There are several methods to raise money through text messaging. The first way is by simply asking for donations from friends and family.
Strategies for Launching a Political Text Messaging Campaign
- Know who your target audience is
- Please determine what you want to communicate to them about the campaign
- Create a list of messaging points for each topic
- Decide on the best mediums- text, email, website, or social media posts.
- Design graphics and content that will be used in the messages
- Determine your message
- Identify the audience you want to reach
- Define your goals for this campaign and how you will measure them
- Develop a list of contacts that can help spread the word about your campaign
- Create a way for people to donate, volunteer, or take action on your behalf (email address, phone number)
- Create a plan for how much money and time you have available to spend on this project
- Identify target voters
- Develop a message that resonates with voters
- Create an advertising campaign to reach the target voter group
- Determine if this is a one-time action or an ongoing effort, and allocate resources accordingly
- Create an account on Twilio to send text messages, or find another service provider if you don’t want to use Twilio’s services
- Purchase phone numbers for your campaign linked to those accounts through Twilio or another service provider of choice- these will be used as contact information for people who sign up for updates from you about your campaign. Still, they can also be used as part of the actual messaging process when sending texts out to people in response to questions or other prompts from them about your campaign.
- Decide what your message is and who you want to reach
- Determine the best way to get your notifications out there
- Find someone with a large social media following (i.e., celebrities, athletes, etc.) who will help promote it
- Develop a budget for how much money you’ll need to spend on the campaign
- Define the goal of your campaign
- Identify your target audience
- Create a message that resonates with that audience
- Design an easy-to-use interface for sending messages to voters, including a call to action button and preloaded text messages
- Develop a system for tracking responses from voters so you can measure how successful your campaign is
- Develop a message
- Receive permission to use the politician’s name in your campaign
- Draft a script for each text message you want to send out
- Set up an account with Twilio or another service provider that can send texts
- Send texts on behalf of the politician
- Find an appropriate platform for sending messages
- Create a database of supporters and volunteers to send messages to
- Generate content and news that will resonate with your audience
- Write scripts for the volunteer team to use in their conversations with voters.
- Decide on a message and create content
- Establish the audience and target demographics
- Create a list of phone numbers to send text messages to
- Determine the frequency of texts, such as how many times per week or month you will send them out
- Create a campaign slogan
- Find supporters to help spread the word about your campaign
- Develop an online presence- create social media accounts, a website, and a blog
- Design flyers or posters that promote your message
- Decide on how you will present yourself to voters (e.g., in person, via text messages)
How To Write Political Text Messages That Win
Use the language of the people. That means making your political texts sound ordinary and natural rather than formal or unnatural.
First, you should know that a typical text conversation is relatively short. It would be best to grab the voter’s attention immediately.
How Political Campaigns Win Using SMS Marketing Software
If you’re running a political campaign, there’s nothing better than SMS marketing software.
Political campaigning has changed dramatically, with many nations creating new laws to protect citizens’ privacy. SMS marketing is now the most effective way for political campaigns to spread their message and secure votes individually.
Political campaigns can be won by messages delivered through SMS.
Political Text Messaging Trends
- The most famous political text messages are negative
- Texts have a solid correlation to voting behavior
- People who receive more texts about politics vote more in elections
- Texting is the most popular form of communication for millennials
- Millennials are more likely to text than call or email when communicating with their friends and family
- Pew Research Center study says that one in four people report that they have been contacted by someone who threatened them or made explicit threats against themselves or others via text message
- Texts are the most popular form of communication for people under 35
- People are increasingly using text messages to communicate with friends and family members, bypassing phone calls or face-to-face conversations
- 90% of texts sent in America come from mobile phones
- The use of emojis is on the rise, up by 81% since 2012
It’s no secret that SMS marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your audience and drive engagement. In this article, we’ve discussed how SMS messaging can be a valuable tool in political campaigns for driving donations and getting out the vote on Election Day.
Contact us today to learn more about how it could help your campaign! We have experts ready and waiting to work with you so that you can take advantage of these powerful tools without any hassle. What do you think? Does your campaign need assistance with texting? Let’s chat!
One way to get in touch is by filling out our online form on this site or give us a call at +91 9848321284. Let’s work together today!